03 January 2007

Various. Reading Challenges. Internet: Blogger, 2006-07.

I just recently stumbled across the new (?) Internet phenomenon of the "reading challenge", which, as I understand it, is much like NaNoWriMo or its poetry cousin, in that there's a set amount and often type of books one has to read in a set amount of time. Some have prizes to award. Most of them are good in that they allow one to pick the books, and often encourage getting through the ever-deepening pile of "I'll get to these soon" books that one often accumulates.

Here is a link to a post that seems to assemble all the current challenges. I'd participate, but it'll be a challenge if I can read anything not assigned to me between now and May. If any of you three readers participate, lemme know here or elsewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home