20 November 2007

Capote, Truman. "Breakfast at Tiffany's." Breakfast at Tiffany's: A Short Novel and Three Stories. New York: Random House, 1958.

I've never seen this movie, but I know that through it Mickey Rooney proliferates racist ideas.

This, in the end, is the novel I'll teach next semester. It's funny in places, humorous throughout, though apparently the movie ends more like a comedy and less, as in the novel, like a tragedy. The unnamed narrator is bitchy and catty and clearly gay to me at least, though I wonder whether my students will pick up on it.

At any rate, this is just to say Finished! I read the thing in a matter of hours, and I supposed I recommend it when one finds oneself with a few hours to kill. Check back next term for more to be said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home